Thursday, November 15, 2012

GEARA-ZULU




This is the Resin version of the Geara-Zulu. I had this laying around for quite some time now and never really knew how to approach it.

 I started the clean up at the start of the year because it was going to be my entry for the Macha Contest, but there where a lot of things going on in my life and I didn't have any real time for it so I put it back in the box.
A couple of months ago I came across it again and was so hyped and  just started working on it like crazy. Every Idea that came to mind, I tried to but in to this paint job. And that took me some time to do.

For example the main green color is, Tamiya Green then highlight with a Tamiya Green/yellow mix, then Top coated, than hairspray salt, then Aero color Gold orc Spryd from bottom to top, Then Aero Color Olive green from top to bottom. then decals and another top coat. after all that mig pigments and Ak Streaks. The Gold is all hand painted and so is the Skull on the Shield. For the Biohazard symbol on the Base, I printed it on a masking foil and cut it out.

I really am happy with how this turned out and I don't feel that I could of done anything better to date.

Thanks for taking the time to check out this post ;)





















17 comments:

  1. Whoa ... Marc... this guy really takes the cake out of all the previous work you did ..... Paint wise, thise thing is just so damn awesome ..... Your best works yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary, I tryed my best, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. It's awesome. everythings is perfect on it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That weathering! I'm amazed. Truely.

    As always, honouring your nick name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, freut mich dass du hin und wieder auf meinen blog schaust.

      Delete
  4. Man Marc this is amazing! Love the toxic theme and your modeling skills are amazing as usual! Look at the insignia on the shield! Beatiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is very very good. Any chance of a step by step of that beautiful weathering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gav, I could do it maybe. will see ;)

      Delete
  6. Marc you never seem to disappoint anyone. Amazing work as always man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ric, I am glad I did not disappoint you :)

      Delete
  7. The Highlights and lowlights of the shield emblem are amazing. The overall paint is perfectly done Marc. I am quite fond of the white chipped tanks as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my Friend, hope that I can work on your kit soon ;)

      Delete
  8. the weathering on this kit is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am still in awe of your talent marc!! you got some serious skills!! every little detail on this kit is flawless!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts