Thursday, August 23, 2012

DORA 1/72

Hi Guys,



so I finally finished it, well actually it was done quite some time now but I just didn't have the time to take any pictures. But now that I have the pictures and I can share with you my Doro.
I never was or will be a big fan of scale modells ( i'm just a sci fi fan)but this will be my exception.
The kit contains many small parts and a few really big ones. I had to add about 140 faucets to each side and I tell you that was not something that I liked about the kit. But that is also what makes it look good all the little detail is very nice once its all in place.






The color is all as suggested by the Manuel we have the Field Gray which I mixt with a bit of flat base. And some silver tones here and there. all in all nothing special.









This is what Wikipedia sais:
Dora was the second gun to be produced. It was deployed briefly against Stalingrad, where the gun arrived at its emplacement 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) to the west of the city sometime in mid-August 1942. It was ready to fire on 13 September. It was quickly withdrawn, however, when Soviet encirclement threatened. When the Germans began their long retreat they took Dora with them. Dora was broken up before the end of the war, being discovered in the west by American troops some time after the discovery of Schwerer Gustav.

6 comments:

  1. Ohmygawd!! That is sooo keeewl! I wanna steal it. I knew you had worked on this but I never got to see it. It looks amazing! The attention to detail is stunning. It feels so somber. The photography really seals it too, it feels like it's a cold day in war and the large machine sits ready. It really does have an ambiance to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh sorry I did not reply RC

      Thank you very much, This was the first time i used my new background. I think i like the Gray better then the wihte.

      Delete
  2. I have seen your pics on mecha lounge. But damn, I really hope I can make mine look atleast half as good as yours. Btw I found one thing, on pictures it doesnt look that long at all, but once I started building it I thought what the hell did I get myself into :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing, after I finished it, I feelt like I will never do a model like this again. I think this is like making a Scale model ship.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, still trying to find a detailed papercraft version of this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts